So quick and easy to make – perfect for if you fancy a treat but don’t want to leave the house! You would have them made in 30 minutes including the prep time.
What to expect: Sweet and chocolatey, these are nice and moist even though there are no eggs.
Makes: 6 large muffin sizes
1 Cup granulated Sugar
1 ½ Cups plain flour
1 ½ Tsp baking soda
¼ Tsp salt
1 Cup Soya milk
1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
½ Cup dairy free butter or margarine
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
2 Tbsp red food colour
35G crushed chocolate (dairy free)
- Add all dry ingredients to mixer and process until smooth
- Add wet ingredients and again, process until smooth
- Add red colouring and process entire mix for 2 minutes
- Crush chocolate and add to mix, you can blitz this for a minute or two in the processor so that you don’t have big lumps of chocolate in it, but if you have crushed small enough you wont need to, just mix in.
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 15 – 20 minutes
- Sprinkle with icing sugar
Anything I would change next time: I would maybe add more of the red food dye, just to see how deep I could get the colour. I would also add frosting, but I havent come up with the perfect vegan frosting yet so that’s one on the to do list!