I made this one sunday after seeing a recipe video online. To be honest, it wasn’t my favourite thing I made this month but my Mum loved it and so did a few others who tried it so I think it just wasn’t to my personal taste. Having said that it was fun to make and goes lovely with a cup of coffee.
What to expect: Dark chocolate banana gooey-ness.
Makes: One loaf of bread
½ Cup Water & 2 tbsp flaxseed mix – leave soak for 10 minutes
1 cup chocolate chips
1 Cup Plain flour
½ Cup Oats
½ Cup Cocoa powder
1 Tsp Baking powder
½ Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Cinnamon
3 ripe Bananas
1 ripe Avocado (instead of butter)
1 cup Brown sugar (or coconut sugar if you can get it)
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Add all the dry ingredients to mixer and process until smooth – Set aside in large bowl
- Add all wet ingredients to mixer and process until smooth – it goes green!
- Add to the large bowl and stir together
- Fold in ½ chocolate chips and flaxseed mix
- Pour into bread tin
- Add ½ cup chocolate chips to top
- Bake for 1 hour at 170 degrees celsius
Tip: You may need to cover top with tinfoil half way through to avoid burning. Pierce the tinfoil so it does gather water.
Tip: Aldi do dark chocolate chips which are accidentally dairy free!
Anything I would change next time: I might try one less banana and a half cup of diary free milk next time, I don’t know how that will change the texture though so I can’t advise it, but I have a feeling it would be nice.
Origional recipe credit: https://www.facebook.com/thrivemkt/videos/521347554900500/